To save a great deal of development grief and enjoy reduced
- Never try to stretch something vertically when inside of a
flowing (non-stretched) container. Attempting to do this will
result in inconsistent behavior across web browsers.
- Never specify a height value with percent units. Instead, define
such stretching declaratively as by following the process
- Never use the "position" style.
- There are some very simple demos that lets you change the
values of attributes to the see the affect it has on the
- Take advantage of the layout pattern examples for guidance on how best to create a desired layout. Be sure
to click on the "View Page Source" and the
"View Template Source" links to see what tags and
attributes are used as well as what the component structure
looks like for each specific page.